Michigan WORKS! is taking applications for many jobs that will help various services to City of Flint residents. City of Flint residents are preferred. All of the openings can be found here: http://gstmiworks.org/job-seekers/resources/hotjobs/
Over 100 of the positions below are open and in need of applicants!
FLINT WATER FILTER EDUCATION LIAISON
GST Michigan Works! Is seeking Filter Education Liaisons for work experience positions to assist with education related to the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. This is a work experience opportunity which may last up to one year. Participants may be scheduled up to 40 hours per week; Monday through Saturday. The purpose of this position is to educate Flint, Michigan residents on filter efficacy and the proper installation and maintenance of water filters. The work done by Filter Education Liaisons will play a critical role to ensure that Flint residents are aware of the safeguards to protect themselves from lead contaminated water.
- Door-to-Door canvassing
- Home delivery of filters and applicable filter cartridges
- Installation of water filters which are currently certified by NSF International for lead reduction.
in the homes of Flint residents
- Installation of filter cartridges in water filters in the homes of Flint residents
- Demonstrate, teach and affirm the proper ways of installing and maintaining water filters and their cartridges.
- Demonstrate professional attitude in completion of duties
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain assigned equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
SALARY: $15 per hour
- City of Flint residents preferred.
- Must have a layoff/termination within the last five years, and be currently unemployed or part-time employed
- Must pass Background / Drug Screening / Physical
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates’ Degree preferred
- After hired, required to complete a core competency training
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Individuals who are bilingual (speak Spanish) and/or competent in American Sign Language (ASL) are highly preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a vehicle to drive (job requires door to door canvassing)
- Vehicle must be insured and registered
Application Deadline: Until Positions Are Filled
To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Filter Education Liaison” in the subject line. Resumes may also be dropped off in Suite 325A at GST Michigan Works, Tyneshia Hall at (810) 820-3370, ext. 722 or for questions contact, Lumetta Parker-Smith at (810) 233-5974, ext. 170.
Application Deadline: Until Positions Are Filled. For more information visit: https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/6925660